Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Discussion Questions

1. The book I read was very difficult for me to read because I couldn't relate to the character very well. I have traveled to Italy, and I enjoyed reading that part of the book, but I couldn't relate to the whole meditation/inner peace/searching for love stuff. I probably will when I am older though.
2. I was happy with my book choice because I learned a lot about the world that I didn't know. For example, I didn't know much about Bollywood but I do now.
3. The place in the book that I found most intriguing were Rome and Venice. I feel this way because when the author wrote about them, I could draw from my own memories.
4. The author explores the central idea of happiness. She leaves her depression in Italy, meditates in India, and finds a new love in Indonesia. She seeks happiness the entire book, in herself, her faith, and in others.
5. I learned how to make a blog, sharing my life with the cyber world here I come! Just kidding. I learned about Bollywood, which I very much like. I think I might have to see Slumdog Millionaire now.
6. The most enjoyable part of this project for me was finding phrases to change in Italian, finding pictures, and finding quotes. I liked it because Italian is a beautiful language and when I would try to say it, it would sound French. French-Italian is funny sounding. I liked the pictures because it was fun to look at places that i haven't seen before. I liked the quotes because I like accumulating lots of quotes.
7. The most dificult part of this project was reading the book. Sometimes I felt like the author wrote dryly and it was hard for me to concentrate on reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment